Friday, November 23, 2012

Video: Nicki Minaj Talks Mariah Carey Drama, Reality Show Regrets and Label Launch

Video: Nicki Minaj Talks Mariah Carey Drama, Reality Show Regrets and Label Launch

The rap diva was recently interviewed on 'The Breakfast Club' where she dished on her E! reality show, the availability of her new album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded â€" The Re-Up, her own record label, and feud with fellow "American Idol" judge Mariah Carey.
On the editing of her E! reality show “Nicki Minaj: My Truth”: “It was clear that [the producers] had an agenda and a pre-conceived idea of what they were going to show. I had to approve everything, but I’m also extremely busy. I kinda felt a little cornered. I would have shown a wider scope of what happens in my day. We’re not only yelling about steamers.”
On the availability of The Re-Up: “It’s hard to get the album because the stores basically said that the last few re-releases they had put out did not do well and they didn’t want to take a chance. Target and Wal-Mart are not selling the album, and Target is actually my biggest retailer.  Best Buy only took limited [stock] because they wanted to play it safe. It kinda sets you up to fail.”


Read more »GistOnly

No comments:

Post a Comment